Saturday, October 18, 2008

Love, Life and Everything else ...

One of the questions that has always haunted me is "What is true love and does it really exist?". I have given it a lot of thought, like most of the people I know have. But I see decided write this blog anyway because I think I can try to relate my thoughts on meaning of life to love. Okay let me start telling you what I know. I think love is nothing great when you try to put in words. Its like a desire, but luckily its deeper. Love is something that will make you feel complete, something that fills in the small gaps between the large stones that you have put into your empty self. Its like the glue that binds the mind and the soul. I think it just doesn't end there, its something that connects all of us with rest of us or rest of the world or even the universe. Its something that makes u feel you are bigger than your physical self, you have so much space in you that you can accommodate a whole universe in you. I say this because when you see someone suffering you will at least for a moment thing of helping, and if you do then I think you have learned more about love. Each time you do something that is self less you have learned a little more about love. This seems to be the definition that I can come up with most of the time, though not the exact same words but the meaning remains same.

Then where does the love between couples come into picture here? The topic that interests most of us. I think I have a simple answer to that. To be able to realize the true extent of love you need to try it at a smaller scale. That's where love of couples comes in. You learn to love and adjust to a person who has not grown or brought up the way you have. You learn to accommodate him/her into your love and give without expecting anything back, because each time you give something for this person it makes you feel happy. All you want at the point is to see that person happy. Then I think you are one step closer to understand love.

Also, as I told "love is like desire but only deeper", one might ask how deep? This is where everything seems to connect at least by the way I see things. Love is something that your soul has to understand and its your soul that grows as it understands love, not just your mind. Of course the primary understanding is through the mind but then as your mind understands love it becomes closer to your soul and is able deliver data to the soul too. And feed the soul with its primary food :). Now if you believe in rebirth I think it makes more sense. The soul has moved from one body to another but it retains its understanding of love. And somehow it seems to manipulate the mind, based on how strong the urge to learn more about love is in the soul. Because I think the soul's urge gets stronger based on how our physical self has fed it in our previous lives. So as the soul is reborn again and again, slowly it drifts towards love and understands that more and more about it. But I am not sure what is it that it needs to understand finally :). Though I think that once the understanding is complete and the soul is reborn one last time to act according to the universally true love, then it attains what is called "Moksha" or "salvation".

All this may seems to make sense in a funny way to you. For me it seems like the only possible explanation I can think of.

~me: Hey what the hell was that. Its all bull shit.
me: This is my other self, I call him ~me.
~me: You must be freaking crazy to read all this crap this guy, me, says.

No comments: