Monday, October 20, 2008

The Twins Here ... More so in Life (paradox)

Today I wrote a poem that has two possible ending paras. I have 4 paras but the last one has 2 versions. Below are the 5 paras:

The Twins

I have been planning to write a poem,
A poem to tell you who I am,
But I don’t think I can write it,
Coz it would be incomplete without you in it.

I just want to say to you,
That you complete me,
If I ever have to live without you,
I don’t think I will be able to.

You make me feel great,
Just the thought of you can make me smile,
Every time you look, my heart skips a beat,
With you by my side I could never fail.

I want you to know that I really do care,
I want to be with you until the end of my life’s share,
I want to grow old looking at your beautiful eyes,
Even though it’s going to kill me every moment, twice.
I’ll always hold your hand,
Never will let go until I am eternally shunned.

I want you to know that I only care,
As to what you wear,
There is nothing deeper than that between us,
Its all bogus,
If you ever think that I am the one,
Please forget it coz it’s never going to happen.

Now depending on the last para the whole poem seems to change its meaning. It can either be a comedy or a seriously romantic one. Now for me the most sensible choice would be the romantic version, but the comedy version seems promising too :). [Though the poem may not be that great]. What I think is interesting here is that one single para can change with you take from this poem and if its the last para of the poem then its more so.

1 comment:

Suman W M Sivachar said...

Duality in the ending of a poem gives me a welcome change from whatever poems I've read till date. :). Both the endings complete the poem very nicely and I liked both! Keep em coming dude..! Neat stuff!