Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Kid In Us

Why do I put down my foot and say that these are the things that I want and I'll not compromise on them? Why am I stubborn about certain things? Of course, I am flexible too. I would say I am one of the most flexible person among the people I know. But still there are some things that I’ll never compromise on, I just want those things, unless it’s a question of life and death ;).

I think we are all like this with certain things. We need some things and will not let it be otherwise. The reason I think is that deep inside we are all kids. If the kid in us says I want this thing and you can’t convince that kid otherwise then you just have to get that thing. You want it, bcoz you want it, that all, not more explanation.

I don’t think this is bad, I think in most cases it’s a healthy thing and we should acknowledge this and live with it, because many of the good things that happen to us, happens because of this kid in us. We need to nourish the kid and show him/her the right direction. Giving the kid proper direction can do wonders. Take my case I like photography. When I decided to buy a DSLR I was so eager to have one. I started dreaming about all the wonder photos I could take when I get the camera. I just couldn’t wait till I got it. I asked my cousin in Dubai to buy it for me during Christmas and drop it at my Sister’s office in Dubai. And my sister had arranged for someone in their office who was traveling from Dubai to Bangalore to get it. Actually my cousin said she will be coming down to India in a month, but I couldn’t wait that long. So I got the camera in just a week from when it was bought, but there was tripod that came along with it as a gift, which was misplace in the Dubai office and never made to Bangalore. But I’ll never regret that because that one month I took so many photos of my nieces nothing can be better than that. So in the end the kid in me really did win, he was the one who was impatient about getting the camera at the earliest.

Conclusion: Nourish and groom the kid in you and direct him/her the right way. If he/she misbehaves, its your fault that you didn’t give him/her the right direction.

1 comment:

Suman W M Sivachar said...

I liked what I read. :). Nice one dude.